Immortals 2, Star Trek Ship Classes By Size, Go-ahead Bus Driver Jobs, Culture And Economic Development, Black Power Movement Today, Jack Hayes Erinn Hayes, Son Quotes From Mom, Stephen Rannazzisi Height, Saints Seating Map, Mirosław Bałka, Border Collie Colors, Olate Dogs, Sorry Not Sorry Book, Used To Be Lonely, Census Employee Handbook D-590, Creation Story, Fifth Chord, Karl Marx Capital Volume 2 Pdf, Enda Stevens Position, Timothée Chalamet Awards Count Awards, Kang Tae Woo, British Royal Family Assassination, Kaapo Kakko Hockeydb, Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on Bob Gibson today Just from $13/Page Order Essay" />

Who was in SUITE 19, and did you record anything with this band? I thought Drew Forsyth was one of the best drummers around and I brought my last bass player from “Suite 19”, Gary Van Dyke, into this new opportunity. Giant mistake they made here, right? What was it like playing with DON DOKKEN? It’s classic “Riff Rock” with great melodies and strong hooks. It’s always been me against the world! I still love the way Gary and I play together and I wish we lived on the same coast, I still think Gary and I could do something great together if the opportunity came up because we were always on the same page musically. Just to talk about the old days and remember how much we all loved and miss Randy.”, You also played in a band called VYPER. Most of the bands are no good, they haven’t even got any real songs (most of them). I probably wouldn’t have broken up that band if the opportunity had not come at that time to take Randy’s place in Quiet Riot. Greg Leon: “I’m not really sure how many copies of “Unfinished Business” have been sold, because you can download it for free online and everybody I know has it on their ipod. It was big, it was free and Tommy and I practiced all day almost every day, that is how we got so tight, we had all this time to work it all out. Joey missed playing with his high school buddies and I heard they had started a band and one night Joey called me up and said he couldn’t make practice because he had a really bad stomach flu or something like that. Greg, or more commonly Gregg, is also occasionally a surname. Is he the same Jeroen Bos, who played in the Dutch band BODINE? We rehearsed in a huge barn in the middle of nowhere in a town called Grass Valley, I had my own private lake to fish every morning and night, snapping turtles, snakes, it was a dream come true. I don’t know that it is different. GL: All the shows we did went over great. Yeah a good friend and former manager, Eric Greif, invited me to join this band and write some music for the band he was managing called Vyper. A lot of times I would spend the night at his house and one night I was awakened by loud thumping sounds…he was playing a drum solo in his sleep!!!!! So I left to put the Greg Leon Invasion together, I figured what was the worst thing that could happen with my own band? I’m extremely proud of this record and can’t wait for people to hear it. (Tommy was so mad at me for that! Please try again. Greg Leon: “The biggest show that I have played was for 65.000 people in Los Angeles in the 80's.”, What’s the metal and rock scene like in California nowadays? It didn’t happen the way I hoped it would, but that’s OK cause I’m still here and I still have fun singing and playing and people still get off on what I do, so it turned out OK. It’s all good. He was great from the very first note we played. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. George and I still play together and tour and record. SR: I see that you sell all your albums on your official website. I recorded and produced it at John Thomas Studios in North Hollywood. We play a mixture of Wishing Well songs, Greg Leon Invasion songs, Greg Leon Invasion (Unfinished Business) songs and some songs off of our new CD. It is impossible to keep track of these things anymore. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. He's an incredible guitarist as well with a complete knowledge of tone! He completed about 75% of this record and then, unfortunately, Survivor reunited and we had to find a new drummer. SR: What was the deal with Azra’s Dave Richards? I also dig keeping snakes. That really fucked with all our hearts and heads, they didn’t know that we were on the brink of something new and neither did I. producer., Type: Person, Gender: Male, Born: 1958-05-05 in Glendale, Area: United States On bass guitar and backing vocals is George Roelke. I had everything mic'd up, so I went over and pushed the record button. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. You don’t have to drive to a club, pay for gas, pay for parking, pay four to seven dollars a drink and deal with the cops, maybe a D.U.I. Greg is a masculine given name, generally a shortened form (hypocorism) of Gregory. or My Space: www.myspace.com/thegregleoninvasion. Getting back to Randy it’s a shame we didnt get to spend more time together after he went with Ozzy. GL: I can’t remember for sure. The clubs make most of the bands pay to play (the club makes the band buy 100 tickets and then for the band to get their money back they have to sell the tickets for eight to ten dollars each, if they can’t sell them, too bad for the band). We were the best of friends, we did everything together and then it all went to shit. We decided not to listen to anyone’s opinions about current trends or what’s hot today and just go in and play from the heart and please ourselves. SR: You were also in an early version of Quiet Riot, and Kevin DuBrow seems to be another artist with a good/bad reputation. It's really sad. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. No more lines around the block or standing room only, nobody does that anymore. SR: What sort of problems were you having with Gary Holland? When was that and who else was in the line up at that time? I made the right decision.”, What was it like working with Paul Shortino, who’s another great rock hero, if I may say so? I heard a rumor that you joined Vyper for awhile. Thank you. Greg Leon: “I love all the FRANK MARINO recordings and I’ve seen him play many times. Things were going great………so I thought. SR: How well did your last California shows go and what kind of setlist did you play? We were a great team and it should have gone somewhere, it wasn’t for lack of trying! We still talk and see each other from time to time. I am also doing some songs for a couple of major motion pictures with the same guy. We have never played a live show. He replaced Randy Rhoads, when he left to join OZZY OSBOURNE, and he worked together with Delores Rhoads. I guess he rubbed off on my playing style. Greg Leon: “I joined Dokken about one year after replacing Randy. I have a pretty good background in electronics and like to modify all my amps to get the sound I hear in my head. If the band buys and sells the tickets, I know a few bands that will buy one hundred tickets at eight or ten bucks each just so they can get up on stage and pretend to be rock stars for thirty to forty five minutes, and these are better bands than most!! Guitarist GREG LEON has established quite a career, one could only dream about. We got invited back to play next year. It was probably the best or only picture they had of DOKKEN, so that’s how that happened (I get asked that question all the time). Girls and guys were always hooking up at rock shows and clubs, now everybody’s scared of getting H.I.V. What’s your favorite song from the album, and why? Greg Leon: “Yes, I did play with a band called VYPER. And you felt that you were part of something special that was going to be great, and it did become just that, GREAT!!!! Time to go home. They can’t do anything else, drug problems, ex-wives, child support, multiple children from different woman and moving back with their moms and dads sometimes. Greg Leon: ‘When I got in touch with Martjo Brongers and Blue Steel Agency, it was through a former mutual friend of ours.”, Are you involved in other projects/bands, besides THE GREG LEON INVASION right now? After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. “Tell The Children” is the closing song on the album and has a very pre apocalyptic message. Hell, I had to tune his bass for him. It’s all good between Kevin and me. I then decided that it was time to start recording another CD, so we took a break from doing live shows and went back into my Invasion Studios & started working up the new tunes. Greg Leon: “I did work with Ronnie James Dio in the studio with ROUGH CUTT. Greg Leon: “On the "Back In The Streets" record, it’s just my picture. GL: Yes I did, a few along the way, but my new Greg Leon Invasion is a hard hitting mother of a band. Greg Leon: “I only played in ROUGH CUTT for a short time. Greg Leon: “Jeroen Bos and I played together for a long time. So we started folding the paper and drawing lines, until it looked a little like the original and a lot like “Wow, that’s the coolest V guitar, we’ve ever seen!” A couple of weeks later, he got the call, that the guitar was done and he could pick it up.”, What’s the most favorite QUIET RIOT song you had to play? Unfinished Business 2005 Wishing Well 2010 Guitars, Cars, And Women 2010 60 million songs.

Immortals 2, Star Trek Ship Classes By Size, Go-ahead Bus Driver Jobs, Culture And Economic Development, Black Power Movement Today, Jack Hayes Erinn Hayes, Son Quotes From Mom, Stephen Rannazzisi Height, Saints Seating Map, Mirosław Bałka, Border Collie Colors, Olate Dogs, Sorry Not Sorry Book, Used To Be Lonely, Census Employee Handbook D-590, Creation Story, Fifth Chord, Karl Marx Capital Volume 2 Pdf, Enda Stevens Position, Timothée Chalamet Awards Count Awards, Kang Tae Woo, British Royal Family Assassination, Kaapo Kakko Hockeydb,

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Bob Gibson today
Just from $13/Page
Order Essay